The Power of
What to expect
Individuals with too high or too low electrolyte concentrations commonly experience headaches, fatigue, or vague gastrointestinal issues, such as vomiting and diarrhea, and they sometimes experience more serious health problems. All of these can be triggered by factors that affect electrolyte balance, such as fluid loss due to intense exercise and adherence to strict, low-carb diets.
In this dynamic webinar, biochemist, athlete, and self-proclaimed “nutrition tinkerer” Robb Wolf shares his personal health journey about how crippling GI issues in his 20s led to applying the science behind adopting a low-carb, ketogenic-style diet rich in electrolytes, which changed his life.
The material covered will include:
• Dietary, health, and lifestyle conditions that warrant increased electrolytes
• Keto-induced metabolic changes resulting in electrolyte imbalance
• The science behind safe electrolyte replacement strategies
• The biochemistry of how sugar affects electrolyte absorption
• The great salt debate—a close look at the science behind essential salt levels